Custom built PCs, on the other hand, allow you to choose the components you want and assemble them yourself. This gives you more control over the performance of your PC and the ability to customize it to your exact needs.
Read Also: Best prebuilt gaming PC under $1500
In terms of cost, prebuilt gaming PCs are usually more expensive than custom built PCs. This is because the components are already chosen and pre-assembled, so the manufacturer can charge a premium for the convenience. Custom built PCs, however, can be much cheaper since you can choose cheaper components and assemble them yourself.
In terms of performance, prebuilt gaming PCs are usually better than custom built PCs. This is because the components are already chosen and tested to work together, so you can expect a certain level of performance. Custom built PCs, on the other hand, may not perform as well since you’re not sure how the components will work together.
Read Also: Best prebuilt gaming PC under $1000
Overall, prebuilt gaming PCs are a good choice if you want a good gaming experience without having to customize the components yourself. Custom built PCs are a better choice if you want more control over the performance and cost of your PC.
Prebuilt Gaming PC Vs Custom Built PC
To understand why people are biased toward any of them, let’s get the answer within the merits and demerits associated with them.
What are the benefits of buying a prebuilt gaming PC?
1. Ready to Play: One of the biggest advantages of buying a prebuilt gaming PC is that it is ready to play right out of the box. You don’t have to worry about compatibility issues, assembling components, or installing drivers.
2. Quality Components: Prebuilt gaming PCs are usually built with quality components and are tested for compatibility and performance. This means you get a reliable system that can handle the latest games.
3. Warranty: Prebuilt gaming PCs come with a warranty, so if something goes wrong, you can get it repaired or replaced.
4. Cost Savings: Prebuilt gaming PCs are often cheaper than building your own. This is because the manufacturer can purchase components in bulk, which reduces the cost.
5. Support: Most prebuilt gaming PCs come with technical support, so you can get help if you encounter any problems.
Read Also: Which is the best PC brand for gaming?
What are the drawbacks of buying a prebuilt gaming PC?
1. Extra Cost: There is an extra cost or a fee accumulating the cost of the computer, which is mostly not attached to custom built desktops.
2. Hidden facts: It is often seen, companies use refurbished components in the PC but offer a warranty on the finished computer they pack and send to you. moreover, the included free peripherals like the keyboard and mouse are low-quality products.
3. Limited scope: Upgrading is limited and then you have to screw open the case to add extra memory or replace the component(s) fully in a couple of years.
Read Also: How to buy a prebuilt gaming PC- Buyers Guide
What are the benefits of having a custom built gaming PC?
1. Superior Performance: Custom built gaming PCs are designed to provide superior performance compared to pre-built systems. This is because they are built with higher quality components that are specifically chosen to provide the best performance for gaming.
2. Customization: With a custom built gaming PC, you can customize the components to fit your exact needs. This means you can choose the exact components you want, such as the CPU, GPU, RAM, and storage.
3. Cost-Effective: Custom built gaming PCs are often more cost-effective than pre-built systems. This is because you can choose components that are within your budget and you don’t have to pay for components you don’t need.
4. Longer Lifespan: Custom built gaming PCs are built with higher quality components that are designed to last longer than pre-built systems. This means you won’t have to upgrade as often, saving you money in the long run.
5. Easier to Upgrade: Custom built gaming PCs are easier to upgrade than pre-built systems. This is because you can easily swap out components as needed, without having to buy a whole new system.
Read Also: How to choose the right PC case for gaming?
What are the drawbacks of having a custom built gaming PC?
1. Incompatible hardware: Many times inexperienced people put incompatible components together and end up messing up things. For example, specific motherboards allow a specific set of CPU chips and their models, any incompatible processor wouldn’t fit in.
2. Cost exceeds: What one estimates for building a PC, often ends up exceeding cost at its finish. This happens due to fluctuations in the cost of the components and some miscellaneous expenses attached to them.
3. Time & effort: Most important part of building a PC from scratch is, it requires a fine amount of time and effort including plenty of experience. If you have little or no time to build, then don’t ever go into the procedure.
Read Also: How to build a gaming PC?- Buyers Guide
So what’s the catch?
The answer to this question depends on what type of performance the user is looking for and how much they are willing to spend. Pre-built gaming PCs offer convenience but they often lack the desired customization options. Custom-built PCs are more adaptable for customizations comparatively and can be tailored to the user’s exact needs and could offer superior performance if built with a little knowledge and dedication.